All U.S. carriers are in the process of adopting 10DLC including AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile/Sprint and US Cellular.
As of May 11, 2021 some 10DLC capabilities have been rolled out by carriers. On June 1st, T-Mobile will begin charging 10DLC rates for both registered and non-registered 10DLC traffic. AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile have not yet started filtering or throttling messages, and there will be a grace period of at least 30 days. Quiq will pay 10DLC fees on behalf of our clients.
All businesses using 10DLC numbers to send messages to customers serviced by U.S. mobile carriers will need to register.
You can register for 10DLC directly in Quiq:
1. Have your Quiq administrator go to the Admin section in Quiq.
2. Select the new option "Brands" from the left side navigation bar.
3. Click the "Create New Brand" button in the center pane.
4. Carefully enter the requested information. Incorrect information could jeopardize the deliverability of your messages.
5. Click on Publish at the top right side of the screen.
Once you publish your Brand there is an approval period. Once your brand is approved you can then add your uses cases.
6. Click on Add Use Case to proceed. Learn more about Use Cases
Add at least 2 sample messages to avoid being rejected.
7. Add in information about about how subscribers will opt-in to your experience.
Updating SMS numbers
Registration will need to be updated when a new SMS number is added to an existing or new contact point that was submitted prior to 1/12/2023, prior to that date Opt-in supporting information was not required.
8. Scroll to the top of the page and click on Publish.
Multiple Contact Points
This process will need to be repeated for each Contact Point.
Updated about 1 year ago