Salesforce Classic Console Integration
When your customers start a new conversation, the Quiq system can create a new Salesforce Case, Lead or Task for the conversation, depending on your company's business needs. You may create a System Administrator account for your Quiq Implementation specialist to complete this setup on your behalf, or you can proceed with these steps on your own.
The instructions below are specific to the Classic interface. If your Salesforce org is enabled and set up to use the Lightning Experience, please see Salesforce Integration (Lightning Console).
Quiq is happy to make a test site available to match with a Salesforce Sandbox site. Whether your Salesforce admin or Quiq accomplishes the configuration, your admin should be available and work with Quiq through the process.
Set Up Steps
YOUR_QUIQ_TENANT is a placeholder for the name of your tenant in the Quiq system. It is often your organization name and is the first part of the URL to your Quiq site. Confirm this with Quiq support before you continue. YOUR_SALESFORCE_SITE is the full name of your Salesforce site, typically ending in salesforce.com.
Quiq connects to Salesforce via a Connected App.
1. Integration Account
Salesforce requires API calls to go through a Connected App as well as through a user account. You will need to create a user account in your Salesforce org(s) for the Quiq Integration user. In order to prevent disruption in your integration service, it is advised that you set the integration user with the "password never expires" system permission.
1.In Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Administer > Manage Users > Profiles
2. Create a new profile by cloning from the "System Administrator" profile*
3. Name this profile “Quiq Integration” and save
4. In the new profile navigate to System Permissions
5. Click Edit and update the "Password Never Expires" to true and save
6. Navigate to Manage Users > Users > New User
7. Create a new user with the “Quiq Integration” profile. For email/username use “[email protected]”.
8. Your Quiq implementation specialist will receive your new user email and will continue to proceed with the integration setup
If you prefer not to create a new profile or clone the system administrator profile you may set up the Integration user with an existing profile (Salesforce license) and instead create a new permission set specific for Quiq.
Quiq will need access to Accounts, Contacts, and Leads for phone number and email matching as well as to any objects and records (e.g., Cases and Tasks) that you desire to have Quiq create and update.
Depending on your Salesforce security and permission settings using this method may require you to update record sharing rules as well. Work with your Implementation Specialist to ensure all the proper access has been granted.
2. Connected App
1. In Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Build > Create > Apps > Connected Apps
2. Click "New"
3. Under Connected App Name type "Quiq Backend Integration"
4. For Contact Email input "[email protected]"
5. Check the Enable OAuth Settings box.
6. For Callback URL put in two values separated by a new line.
- Be sure to replace the YOUR_QUIQ_TENANT placeholder with your Quiq tenant name
7. For Selected OAuth Scopes choose Full Access (full)
8. Securely share your Consumer Key and Consumer Secret with your Quiq Implementation specialist
9. Click Manage > Edit Policies > Navigate to OAuth Policies
10. Change Permitted Users to "Admin approved users are pre-authorized"
11. Change IP Relaxation to "Relax IP restrictions"
13. Click the "Manage Profiles" and/or "Manage Permission Sets" buttons and add the appropriate profiles or permission sets that your agents / end users who will be using Quiq in Salesforce are in.
The connected app configuration should look similar to this:
3. Quiq Messaging Visual Force Page
1. In Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Build > Develop > Visualforce Pages
2. Click New
3. Label = Quiq Messaging
4. Name = Quiq_Messaging
5. Paste in the below code and save (be sure to replace YOUR_QUIQ_TENANT with the proper name):
<apex:page showHeader="false" sidebar="false" standardStylesheets="false" applyBodyTag="false" applyHtmlTag="false"> <html> <body style="margin: 0;"> <script src="https://YOUR_QUIQ_TENANT.goquiq.com/app/salesforce/index.js"></script> </body> </html>
4. Custom Sidebar Components
1. In Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Build > Customize > User Interface
2. User the Sidebar section, mark the "Show Custom Sidebar Components on All Pages" to true
5. Quiq Conversation Widget in Layouts
This applies to Cases or Leads depending upon your configuration.
1. In Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Build > Customize > Cases (or Leads) > Page Layouts
2. Click New and copy your existing Case/Lead Layout into a new layout labeled Quiq Case/Lead
3. Edit the Quiq Case/Lead layout
4. At the top right of the editor, select Custom Console Components
5. Under Primary Tab Components > Left Sidebar, set Width = 800
6. Under Type, select Visualforce Page
7. Click the magnifying glass under Component
8. Click Quiq Conversation
9. Leave Label blank
10. Set Height to 100
11. Click Save
6. New Record Type
1. Go to the Case/Lead Record Types section
2. Add a new Quiq Case/Lead Record type (copy one of the other case record types - if there is none create a Default Case record type for current items)
3. Associate the Quiq Case/Lead Record type with the Quiq Case/Lead Page Layout you created above
4. Once you’ve created this record type obtain the ID from the url (Should look like …?id=01241000001ILK5).
5. Send that ID to Quiq, indicating it as a Lead or Case record type ID.
6. Assign the Page Layout to the Profiles for specified record types using Page Layout Assignment.
7. Quiq Messaging Widget
1. In Setup, search for Custom Console Components
2. Select Custom Console Components under Build > Customize >Console
3. Click New
4. Name = Quiq_Messaging
5. Button Name = Quiq Messaging
6. Button Icon URL = https://static.quiq-cdn.com/quiq/favicon/favicon-32x32.png
7. Under Component Window Settings > Component click the Magnifying Glass
8. Select Quiq_Messaging
9. Width = 400, Height = 500
10. Fixed Width = enabled
11. Fixed Height = enabled
12. Disable Popouts = enabled
13. Click Save
8. Add Quiq to Console App
Add this new Quiq component to your console application(s). For Leads, users must have the Sales Console license applied to access consoles. Cases require a Service Cloud license. You may either create a new Service/Sales Console for Quiq, or edit an existing console.
1. In Salesforce, navigate to Setup > Build > Create > Apps
2. Open the console application you are adding Quiq to (or create a new application)
3. In the "Choose Console Components" section, move Quiq_Messaging to Selected Items.
4. Ensure that Case/Lead records open as a primary subtab.
5. On the Assign to Profiles page, click the checkbox next to Visible, then the checkbox next to Default, so all checkboxes are checked.
Updated 7 months ago